Automatic Changeover Unit
MXACU Product Information
The MXACU Automatic Changeover Unit (ACU)
is designed to allow connection of two identical MX800 base stations,
activating only one of them at a time in active/standby configurations.
It automatically monitors and tests for fault conditions and switches
operation to the healthiest base station should a fault be detected.
||89mm high, 360mm deep, 483mm wide
|| 13.8V DC ±20%
||Base A Selected <80mA
Base B Selected <350mA
|| -10° to +60° C
| LED Indicators
||Active, Fault, Power, Status
| Coax Relay Insertion
|| < 0.2dB @ 500Mhz
| Coax Relay VSWR
||< 1.03 @ 500Mhz
| Coax Relay Isolation
|| 65dB @ 500Mhz
|Coax Relay power
||500W @ 500Mhz
||Approximately 3 seconds
|| < 4 Kg
- T39 - RX RF Passive Splitter, N-Type input
& 2x BNC outputs. Connects 2 receivers to one antenna.
- T40 - Internal Ethernet interface for remote
- T42 - TX Antenna changeover RF Relay (for
one TX antenna)
- T44 - Simplex mode operation with ACU Simplex
Simplex T06 option not reqd in MX800 unless compatability is
This option not reqd if using T06 options (however some loss
in functionality may result).
- DTMF Remote control operation
- PSTN Modem
MXACUNET - Remote Diagnostic & Control Software
MXACUNET is an application in which you can diagnose and control
single or multiple MXACU, by working in conjunction with T40 Option
- Real Time MXACU Diagnostic through Ethernet port.
- Real Time MXACU Remote Control through Ethernet port.
- Alarm Logging.
- Coming Soon SMTP server - email
client on fault conditions.
The protocol used to communicate through the Ethernet is UDP/IP
to minimize communication overhead.
There are two main parts of MXACUNET:
· Main Window , where user/operator can create list of
MXACUs, set access level and start/stop Remote Control and Diagnostics
· Remote Control and Diagnostics window, which displays
diagnostic result from each MXACU and the radios connected to
it. In addition, it has some buttons for MXACU Remote Control
MXACUNET- Remote diagnostic & control software.
(T40 option required)
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows Server 2003;Windows Server
2008; Windows Vista; Windows XP
Processor: 400 MHz Pentium processor or equivalent
(Minimum); 1GHz Pentiumprocessor or equivalent (Recommended)
RAM:96 MB (Minimum); 256 MB (Recommended)
Hard Disk: Up to 500 MB of available space
may be required
CD or DVD Drive: Not required
Display: 800 x 600, 256 colors (Minimum);
1024 x 768 high color, 32-bit (Recommended)
MACU: Firmware ≥ V1.2.0
- Not all items and features initially available.
- Due to ongoing development we reserve the right
to alter specifications without notice.
Reliable Radio Communications.
When You Need It Most.
© 2013 Spectra Engineering Pty Ltd
Last Updated: Wednesday, May 9, 2013